Roof stains or streaks are a serious problem with homeowners throughout the country. As indicated below in the Algae Danger Zone Map Pennsylvania rests in the heart of the “Serious Problem Zone”. Studies have shown that the “Danger Problem Zone” is spreading further north.
A hardy strain of algae known as gloeocapsa magma causes these ugly roof stains or streaks. This type of algae feeds on the crushed limestone used in asphalt shingles. This algae will cause the shingles to fail prematurely by loosening the protective granules. By not allowing the shingles to reflect heat properly will increase cooling cost. Just as mold and mildew can grow on your vinyl, siding, windblown algae can land and grow on your roof. Replacing your roof because of algae is like replacing your siding instead of having it cleaned. Professional, safe and effective cleaning of this growth as well as lichen and moss will restore your roof to the original color.
Important factors on why you should have your roof cleaned.
- Mold has proven to be harmful to people’s health.
- If not removed, the mold (algae), lichen and moss on your roof will cause premature shingle failure.
- You can avoid the cost of replacing your roof prematurely by letting us clean and protect it.
- Reduce the heat within your attic and lower your energy costs by having the heat absorbing black stains removed.
- Algae can spread to your siding, pool decks and outdoor furniture.
- Roof cleaning costs a small fraction of the price of a roof replacement.
- Improved curb appeal.
- Insurance companies are cancelling policies or not issuing new one due to mold, lichen and moss on roofs. Please review the attached video.
Pocono Non-Pressure Roof & Exterior Cleaning, LLC provides no obligation consultation and quotes. Our trained and insured technicians are uniformed professionals that treat your property as if it was their own. Please visit our photo gallery for before and after photos of our work.